Academic Policies

Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Credit 

Credit from qualifying AP and IB scores can count toward your List College elective requirements. List adheres to Columbia’s and Barnard’s standards to determine how much AP or IB credit to award and which AP or IB subjects and scores are eligible for credit.  
You should arrange to have your AP scores sent to Columbia (for Joint Program students this is done through List College) or Barnard (Double Degree students) for processing. The following links provide the respective AP and IB scores accepted for credit: 

Transfer Credit 

Students may only receive transfer credit for course work taken for a letter grade at accredited institutions of higher education. No credit will be accepted for transfer for a course in which a grade lower than C– was earned. Students considering Pass-D-Fail for a course taken outside List College in fulfillment of liberal arts requirements should note that, unless the course is graded Pass-D-Fail (as opposed to Pass/Fail), credit will not be awarded for a grade of P. Academic courses which do not fulfill core or major requirements may be used toward elective credits.  

Students should arrange for an official transcript to be submitted to the List College Dean’s Office for evaluation of potential transfer credit.

Students who study Hebrew at another university may be eligible to receive transfer credit. Transfer will be considered provided a grade of C– or better is achieved.

Ulpan Credit 

Credit will be considered for Ulpan courses taken at Hebrew University or another Israeli university.  

Courses at the alefbet, or gimel level will be awarded up to six credits per semester, and courses at the dalet, hay, or vav level will be awarded up to three credits per semester. Credit will not be awarded for Hebrew elective courses.