JTS Open Classroom
Through the Open Classroom initiative, JTS invites you to audit graduate-level Jewish Studies and Hebrew language courses, deepening your Jewish knowledge and broadening your horizons.
- Study with JTS’s world-renowned faculty.
- Learn alongside full-time JTS students enrolled in our degree programs.
- Immerse yourself in the Jewish scholarly tradition.
- Join an open and nurturing community of learners.
All students attending courses on the JTS campus must have Covid-19 vaccination and follow the protocols in place at the time they come to class.
How It Works
Open Classroom students learn alongside full-time JTS students and are subject to any relevant prerequisites, but do not take exams, submit papers, or receive academic credit or transcripts. Note: in Hebrew Language courses, auditors do all required homework and take tests.
Students access course materials via an online platform. We will do our best to offer you the course(s) you select but cannot guarantee enrollment if classes are oversubscribed.
As an Open Classroom student, you will receive additional benefits, including:
- A JTS student ID card
- Borrowing privileges from The JTS Library
INTERESTED IN RECEIVING COURSE CREDIT?
The Open Classroom initiative does not offer course credit. If you are interested in receiving academic credit for a JTS course, we invite you to learn about becoming a non-degree student.
HOW TO ENROLL
Applications will be accepted through January 6, 2023.
1. Choose your course(s). View our Open Classroom course catalog and take note of the course number and title. Before applying for a Hebrew Language course, contact our office regarding the required placement exam.
2. Enroll. Your application will be reviewed within one week of receipt, and, if your selection is approved, you will receive an email with registration and payment instructions. Unless you hear otherwise, plan on attending the first day your course is in session.
If you have additional questions about the Open Classroom initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-678-8821.