Apply to the Double Degree Program with Barnard College
Prospective students for the Double Degree Program with Barnard College must submit the Common Application and the List College Writing Supplement. The List College Office of Admissions distributes complete applications to Barnard College, and the schools make a joint admissions decision. List College accepts applications exclusively via the Common Application.
Application Deadlines and Notification Dates
- Early Decision Application Deadline: November 1
- Early Decision Notification Date: December 15
- Regular Decision Application Deadline: January 1
- Regular Decision Notification Date: April 1
A complete application includes:
- The Common Application, submitted online.
- The List College Writing Supplement, submitted online.
- The $65 application fee or fee waiver request, submitted online.
- Official high school and college transcripts with the secondary school report, to be submitted by a high school counselor.
- Guidance Counselor Evaluation (Due to large student caseloads, we understand if your counselor is unable to send a recommendation for you. Please contact us if this is the case. We would also encourage you to send an additional teacher recommendation letter in lieu of a counselor recommendation.)
- Two Teacher Evaluation forms from teachers who taught you in core academic subjects (English, foreign language, history/social science, mathematics, or science), preferably in your final two years of high school.
- The Mid-Year Report with first semester senior grades.
- Test results from either the SAT or ACT. Please see our standardized test policy page for more information.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable). TOEFL/IELTS scores are required for students whose primary language is not English and who have not been enrolled in a school where English is the primary medium of instruction for four consecutive years.
OPTIONAL SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS:
Applicants to the Double Degree Program may choose to submit the following items in addition to their complete application:
- AP or IB Exam Scores
- Up to two additional letters of recommendation (i.e. rabbi, coach, mentor, etc.)
- Interview with a member of the List College Admissions team. Interviews can be scheduled either in-person or via Skype by filling out the online visit form on our website. Interviews are highly encouraged.