Celebrate the High Holidays with JTS
Date: Sep 20, 2017 - Sep 22, 2017
Category: Holidays & Prayer
High Holidays 2017 / 5778
JTS’s High Holiday services are warm, welcoming, spirited, meaningful, and egalitarian—featuring traditional liturgy, engaging melodies, and inspiring words of Torah to enhance the prayer experience. Please join us as we sing, pray, reflect, and strive for moments of spiritual connection.
Evening Service: Wednesday, September 20, 6:30 p.m.
Morning Services: Thursday, September 21, 9:00 a.m.
Morning Services: Friday, September 22, 9:00 a.m.
Kol Nidrei Services: Friday, September 29, 6:15 p.m.
Morning Services: Saturday, September 30, 9:00 a.m.
Afternoon Service: Saturday, September 30, 4:50 p.m.
Ne’ilah: Saturday, September 30, 5:40 p.m.
Tekiat Shofar / End of Fast / Ma’ariv / Havdalah: Saturday, September 30, 7:20 p.m.
Advance registration is required. Space is limited.
Rosh Hashanah Tickets: $36 per person (includes all services).
Yom Kippur Tickets: $36 per person (includes all services).
We are now completely SOLD OUT for the first day of Rosh Hashanah, Kol Nidrei, and Yom Kippur morning services. Due to fire code restrictions, we are unable to accommodate any additional attendees. We have availability for Rosh Hashanah Evening, Rosh Hashanah Day 2, and Ne’ilah only.
As an alternative, JTS has made arrangements with Congregation Shaare Zedek on the Upper West Side (93rd Street between Broadway and Amsterdam):
Congregation Shaare Zedek
Use code JTS5778 at checkout to receive a 50 percent discount on High Holiday tickets
Two parallel services will be held at JTS in both the Unterberg Auditorium and the Women’s League Seminary Synagogue. Service leadership will alternate between both rooms. Seating will operate on a first-come, first-served basis in both rooms. You may choose the service room you would like to attend upon arrival.
- Rabbi Daniel Nevins, Pearl Resnick Dean of The Rabbinical School and Dean of the Division of Religious Leadership
- Rabbi Julia Andelman, Director of Community Engagement
- Cantor Nancy Abramson, Director of the H. L. Miller Cantorial School and College of Jewish Music
- Dr. Alan Cooper, Elaine Ravich Professor of Jewish Studies and Provost
- Miriam Liebman (Rabbinical School ’18)
- Lucca Myara (Rabbinical School ’18)
- Adam Berman (Rabbinical School ’22)
- JTS Chancellor Arnold M. Eisen will deliver a sermon at Kol Nidrei services in both rooms
- Additional members of our High Holiday team include List College students Shira Botzum, Micah Cowan, and Noa Rubin, JTS doctoral student Jillian Greene, List College and Davidson School alumna Sarah Sechan, and Alex Hamilton.
For additional information, please contact Stacy Asch at (212) 678-8992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.