Master’s degree programs at the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education are specifically designed to help students cultivate the skills and experience necessary to become sought-after, transformational leaders in Jewish education.
Our programs are highly individualized, allowing students—under the guidance of an advisor—to tailor courses of study and practicum placements to their specific goals and interests.
How We Create Leaders
Inspiring innovation in Jewish education begins with mastery of the discipline. MA students at The William Davidson School benefit from:
- A rigorous curriculum that provides a solid grounding in Jewish studies, Hebrew, and education.
- Two different areas of focus: Pedagogy and Teaching or Educational Leadership.
- A pluralistic setting that encourages the examination of diverse experiences and ideas.
- Immersion in experiential education techniques through courses, retreats, and field trips throughout the New York metropolitan area.
- The flexibility to take classes with Teachers College (Columbia University) and Union Theological Seminary at no additional cost, as well as the option to pursue a dual degree in Jewish Studies at JTS
The William Davidson School offers students the option to enroll directly into our Online MA. Students enjoy the same comprehensive curriculum in education and Jewish studies as their colleagues at the New York City campus but take the majority of those courses online.
- Online MA students select one of the two master’s degree concentrations.
- The program allows students to complete their master’s degree at their own pace, giving them the flexibility to continue working in the field.
To learn more about Online MA requirements, specific courses, and practicum placements, visit the Academic Bulletin.
Ready to apply? Contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information or start your application now.