Jobs at JTS
The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) is committed to providing a pleasant and rewarding work environment for staff and faculty, one that fosters cooperation and mutual respect. All positions listed below are currently open.
If you are interested in one of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to HR at email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. In the body of the email, please mention that you found the job on our website.
It is JTS policy that all applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunities for employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, uniformed service or military status, any lawful source of income, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or any other legally prohibited status, or any other factors as prohibited by law.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager works to expand digital engagement by deploying best practices in email marketing and website maintenance. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Digital Marketing Manager plans and creates email marketing campaigns that reflect the strategic priorities and mission of JTS, and continually updates and maintains our website to complement these campaigns, ensure up-to-date content, increase conversions, and enhance user experience. The successful candidate should be proficient in web and email best practices, including content creation for different media and use of analytics to drive tactics. They should be excited about continually adding to their knowledge of marketing technology with the goal of institutional advancement.
● In consultation with the Director of Communications, create and send out regular emails, including weekly events newsletter, Bible commentary, fundraising emails, and more.
● Maintain and update contact database and email calendar; work on audience segmentation
● Update content on JTS website, including event webpages and news items
● Consult with the Director of Communications on needed updates in website architecture, functionality, and design
● Regularly produce analytics reports
● Handle project trafficking and assist with creative development process for various inter-departmental projects as they arise, ensuring projects are completed in timely manner
● Coordinate departmental administrative needs
● Two to three years of experience with email marketing and managing a CMS such as WordPress
● Some experience with HTML coding
● Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects
● Ability to collaborate successfully with colleagues across an institution
● Writing and editing experience, ideally in a marketing, communications, or journalism capacity
● Experience with automated marketing programs and CRM such as Salesforce
● Familiarity with good design principles in a marketing context
● Experience in a not-for-profit or academic environment
● Understanding of Jewish world is a plus but not required