Library Services Spring and Summer 2021
The Library of JTS is now open for students, staff, and faculty who are on campus. Of course, we are here to serve all those who study and work online, with reference services, scans of requested articles and chapters, library instruction, and other services.
Please note that right now The Library can welcome only JTS faculty, staff, and students for visits in person. No outside visitors will be allowed until further notice.
Should you have any questions, please email one of our reference librarians at email@example.com or call them at 212-678-8844. They will be happy to answer questions or help you with what you need.
Library Access: First Stage of Physical Opening
Note: These guidelines assume the current status of the coronavirus in New York City. Should the current status change, we may have to issue new guidelines or even close.
Who Can Use the Library?
Use of the Library is limited to JTS faculty, students and staff.
Time in the Library Must be Reserved
Appropriate spaces have been identified and numbered. There is a combination of tables, carrels and informal seating. They are physically distanced and are numbered. Those who want to use the Library must reserve a time slot in advance. Users are assigned two-hour slots, renewable at the discretion of the library staff if space is available.
- Please arrive on time for your reservation. If you arrive late, you will still need to leave at the designated time of your reservation.
- Please check in when you arrive and check out when your reservation ends.
View Library Floorplans
Health and Safety Protocols
All users are required to comply with general JTS protocols and read our protocols before entering the library.
- Wear a face mask at all times. Any user who refuses to cooperate will lose privileges to use the library.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance. No more than one person should enter an aisle at a time.
- Users are responsible for cleaning their assigned spaces to their personal satisfaction prior to use. Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers are widely available.
- Food and drinks are not permitted
- Public computers will not be available. The new Library has robust wifi. Bring your own laptops to browse the catalog or for other purposes.
- Leave all furniture in place.
Initially, the lower-level stacks will be closed to users. During this period, please request books from these stacks (beginning with call number BM657.5 M3 S3415 2010 for regular size books and BS 1225 X34 for oversize books) when you make your seat reservation. They can be requested from the electronic catalog and picked up at the front desk upon your arrival. When the lower-level stacks open access will be limited to one person at a time. No user should enter the high-density stacks if the sign at the door indicates “do not enter.”
Quiet Study Only
The Library is for quiet studying only. Attending online classes/events and group study is prohibited. Library hours are listed with reservations for two-hour time slots. Hours may change with changes in availability of personnel, so please check our announcements regularly.
These restrictions have been put in place to help keep us healthy. We hope that such measures, in the Library and in the community, will be effective, so that we will soon be able to admit more users to our beautiful new space to take advantage of the Library’s exceptional resources and treasures.
Access for Remote Users
- We will scan articles from journals or chapters from books, within copyright restrictions. Please submit your request with a complete citation. Scans are generally delivered via email in 24 hours or less.
- All reserve readings are available electronically through Canvas.
- We have expanded access to electronic databases and ebooks. From off-site please log into connect.jtsa.edu with your JTS email ID and password.
- More primary resources are now available through the digital library.
We will continue to distribute new book lists monthly, so you can keep track of the latest in scholarship that matters to you and order books to enhance your studies.
Please contact one of our reference librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 212-678-8844. They will be happy to answer questions or help you.