Rome and the Galilee: Two Lands, One Culture
Date: May 21, 2017 - May 29, 2017
Category: Study Tours
A JTS Study Tour
May 21-May 29, 2017
Join JTS professor Rabbi Burt Visotzky on a one-of-a-kind journey to Rome and Israel. Explore the fascinating intersections between these two places, from antiquity until today. Discover the ways Jews adapted Roman culture to create Judaism as we know it. Take part in the interfaith dialogue that continues to link Rome and the Jewish world.
A senior JTS representative, full-time study tour concierge, and licensed tour guides will ensure an educational experience of the highest quality.
- Stimulating text study
- Unique access to the Jewish Catacombs and excavations at Ostia Antica
- Tour Rome’s major ancient sites (Forum, Arch of Titus) and renowned Capitoline museum
- VIP Seating at a Public Audience with His Holiness Pope Francis
- Exclusive guided tours of the great ancient synagogues and catacombs in Northern Israel (Bet Shearim, Bet Alpha, Capernaum, Hamat Tiberias, and Beit Shean) with leading Israeli historian and archaeologist Professor Lee I. Levine (JTS ’65)
- Festive Shabbat in Jerusalem
- After-hours visit to the Vatican and dialogue with Church leaders
For more information please contact Alisa Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.