Sexuality Issues for Jewish Clergy: An Online Course
Date: Oct 21, 2018 - Jan 20, 2019
Sponsor: Online Learning for Clergy
Category: Clergy: Continuing Ed
Sexuality Issues for Jewish Clergy
A three-month self-paced online course for clergy
October 21, 2018–January 20, 2019
Join us for this deeply reflective online course designed to increase knowledge and skills at the intersection of faith and sexuality, which blends interactive peer-learning elements into a self-directed program.
Developed by the Religious Institute in collaboration with Rabbi Mychal Springer, director of the Center for Pastoral Education at JTS, this innovative course, suitable for Jewish clergy of all denominations, addresses an urgent need among Jewish clergy to be well-prepared when supporting community members with issues surrounding sexuality.
Presented by the Center for Pastoral Education at JTS and the Religious Institute.
• Understanding personal values and history
• Components of sexual identity
• Sexual development
• Life behaviors of a sexually healthy adult
• Attraction and boundaries
• Pastoral care around sexuality issues
• Sexuality education in faith communities
• Jewish text and sexuality
• Preaching on sexuality issues
Course is approximately 30 hours. Deadline to register is October 16.
$200 course fee includes a certificate of completion. Discounts available.