Personalized advising is an important part of the List College academic experience. Each List College student is paired with a dean who works closely with them, tracking their progress throughout their time in the program.
Your Advisor Will:
- Maintain your academic file.
- Give final approval for your JTS course registration each semester.
- Advise you on core requirements and placement.
- Approve courses taken at other universities.
- Assist you in keeping track of your progress toward completing your requirements for graduation.
List College students declare their major in either the second semester of sophomore year or the first semester of junior year. When you are ready to choose your major, your Dean’s Office advisor will discuss the many majors available to you.
List College Majors:
- Ancient Judaism
- Hebrew Bible and Its Interpretation
- Jewish History
- Jewish Literature
- Jewish Thought
- Jewish Ethics
- Jewish Gender and Women’s Studies
- Jewish Texts and Interpretation
- Medieval and Early Modern Jewish Studies
- Midrash and Scriptural Interpretation
- Modern Jewish Studies
- Talmud and Rabbinics