Yom Kippur at JTS
High Holidays 2018 / 5779
JTS’s High Holiday services are warm, welcoming, spirited, meaningful, and egalitarian—featuring traditional liturgy, engaging melodies, and inspiring words of Torah to enhance the prayer experience. Please join us as we sing, pray, reflect, and strive for moments of spiritual connection this Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
Evening Service: Sunday, September 9, 6:30 p.m.
Morning Services: Monday, September 10, 9:00 a.m.
Morning Services: Tuesday, September 11, 9:00 a.m.
Kol Nidrei Services: Tuesday, September 18, 6:30 p.m.
Morning Services: Wednesday, September 19, 9:00 a.m.
Afternoon Service: Wednesday, September 19, 5:00 p.m.
Ne’ilah: Wednesday, September 19, 6:00 p.m.
Tekiat Shofar / End of Fast / Ma’ariv / Havdalah: Wednesday, September 30, 7:39 p.m.
Advance registration is required. Space is limited.
Rosh Hashanah Tickets: $36 per person (includes all services).
Yom Kippur Tickets: $36 per person (includes all services).
Two parallel services will be held at JTS in both the Unterberg Auditorium and the Women’s League Seminary Synagogue. Service leadership will alternate between both rooms. Seating will operate on a first-come, first-served basis in both rooms. You may choose the service room you would like to attend upon arrival.
- Rabbi Daniel Nevins, Pearl Resnick Dean of The Rabbinical School and Dean of the Division of Religious Leadership
- Rabbi Julia Andelman, Director of Community Engagement
- Dr. Alan Cooper, Elaine Ravich Professor of Jewish Studies and Provost
- Deena Cowans (Rabbinical School ’20)
- Viki Bedo (Rabbinical School ’21)
- JTS Chancellor Arnold M. Eisen will deliver a sermon at Kol Nidrei services in both rooms
- Additional members of our High Holiday team include List College students Shira Botzum, Micah Cowan, and Noa Rubin, and rabbinical students Cornelia Dalton, Stefanie Gedan, Jillian Greene, and Alex Hamilton.
For additional information, please contact Stacy Asch at (212) 678-8992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.