Sexuality Issues for Jewish Clergy Course Begins
Date: Nov 14, 2016 - Nov 14, 2016
Sponsor: Online Learning for Clergy
Join us for this deeply reflective online course designed to increase knowledge and skills at the intersection of faith and sexuality, which blends interactive peer-learning elements into a self-directed program.
Developed by the Religious Institute in collaboration with Rabbi Mychal Springer, director of the Center for Pastoral Education at JTS, this innovative course, suitable for Jewish clergy of all denominations, addresses an urgent need among Jewish clergy to be well-prepared when supporting congregants with issues surrounding sexuality.
- Understanding personal values and history
- Components of sexual and gender identities
- Sexual development
- Life behaviors of a sexually healthy adult
- Attraction and boundaries
- Pastoral care around sexuality issues
- Sexuality education in faith communities
- Jewish text and sexuality
- Preaching on sexuality issues
November 14, 2016 – February 14 2017
This 30-hour course is designed for students to proceed at their own pace.
Register by November 9.
$200 course fee includes a certificate of completion
Thanks to the generosity of Michelle Kravtin Gary and Marc Gary, executive vice chancellor and chief operating officer of JTS, a 50 percent discount is available for:
- Rabbis and cantors within five years of ordination or investiture
- Active duty military rabbis
For more information, contact
Kentina Washington at the Religious Institute at
(203) 222-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
the Center for Pastoral Education at JTS at
(212) 280-6175 or email@example.com or