Jewish Ed U: Creating Joyful Learning
Date: Jan 10, 2021 - Jan 10, 2021
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Sponsor: Admissions | The Davidson School
Our Role in Creating Joyful Learning
Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:00-2:15 p.m ET
Online via Zoom
Are you an aspiring or emerging Jewish educator? Be inspired by leading innovators in the field of Jewish experiential education to learn, collaborate, create, and discuss. Engage in interactive, hands-on sessions such as improv, music, and art that will support your work in camps, synagogue schools, tutoring, youth groups, and all informal education settings.
- 12:00–1:00 p.m. ET: Keynote – “What Does Emotion Have to Do with Learning?” with Nancy Parkes, (JTeachNOW)
- 1:00–1:45 p.m. ET: Breakout elective sessions:
- “Finding the Fun & Improv in Jewish Text” with Aaron Friedman (The Bible Players)
- “How Does Music Help Learners Thrive?” with Naomi Less (Jewish Chicks Rock, LabShul)
- “The Role of Creativity in Joyful Jewish Learning” with Shirah Rubin (teaching artist, Co-Imagine Consulting)
- 1:45–2:15 p.m. ET: Wrap-up, socializing, and networking in breakout rooms