Distance Learning Option
Students enrolled in the Distance Learning program are part-time students (taking only 6 credits per semester) and participate in almost all of their courses online. All Distance Learning students must take two courses per semester and remain in good academic standing. In rare instances, Distance Learning students may take more than two courses with the permission of the dean's office. Please consult the Distance Learning course grid for more information about specific classes required.
- All Distance Learning students are required to take a minimum of four courses (12 credits) on-site in New York. These courses can be completed at any time during the course of study.
- Upon graduation, students are expected to work in a Jewish setting for one year for each year that they received a fellowship, up to three years.
- Fellowship money will automatically be renewed annually for two additional years beyond the first year, provided the student is in good academic standing and there are funds available.
- Distance Learning students are not required to participate in the Davidson Visions and Voices Israel Seminar. However, students who wish to attend the Israel seminar may request admission and will be able to attend if sufficient funding is available. Students wishing to join this trip must participate in the preparatory meetings associated with it.
- Distance Learning students are encouraged but not required to participate in Davidson School mifgash.
- If a Distance Learning student is unable to take courses in a given semester because they have taken all the classes offered, they should register for continuous registration instead of registering to leave of absence.