Graduating With Honors
In order to graduate with honors, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Completion of a master's project with a grade of at least A-
- Students who wish to write a master's project must apply to EDU 5314, a 3-credit course that will be scheduled into the student's fall course load.
- Enrolled students commit to a full year of thesis advisement.
- Students receive P/F in the fall; they cannot get a grade for the thesis until after they have handed it in by the end of the spring session.
- Students apply in the spring semester of their penultimate year of the program.
- All students must seek the approval of their advisers before they register to EDU 5314.
- Advisers should ascertain that students have a minimum 3.5 GPA and that students are not on probation before approving registration to EDU 5314.
B (Pass with Distinction)
A (Pass with Distinction and Honor)