- Although it is possible to do so, instructors at JTS do not need to upload the course readings themselves. The library provides this service. Before each semester, faculty members receive memos from Blackboard and the Library indicating the deadline by which the list of readings need to be submitted by the instructor to the Library. On a first-come-first-serve basis, the Library will scan and post readings to the appropriate Blackboard courses in PDF file format. Once posted, these files can be found in the content area E-Readings.
- For further information on library services and the types of readings that can be included in the Blackboard Electronic Readings program, contact the Library via email or via phone at (212) 678-8963.
- Missing an article for your course? If so, please contact email@example.com and the library staff will respond shortly.
During the semester, you may wish to add a file to the Readings area, or to change the order in which the Library posted the files you asked for.
To Add a file:
- Step 1: In your course site, click on the Control Panel.
- Step 2: In the first box on the left, titled Content Areas, click on E-Readings.
Step 4: Give your item a title in the Name field, then scroll down to the Content section of the form, and attach the file by clicking the Browse button, locating the the file on your computer's hard drive, and clicking Open.
To change the order of the readings:
- Step 1: Follow steps 1 and 2 in the instructions above.
- Step 2: Notice that next to each item, there is a small drop-down menu with a number corresponding to the order in which these items appear. To change the order, click on the down-facing arrow next to the item which you want to move up or down. From the numbers in the drop-down menu, select the new position in the list the item should take. (For instance, in our example, Week 1 is #3 in the list. To make it the first item, simply select 1 from the menu.)
- The new order will be reflected immediately without you having to do anything else: