Morris J. and Ethel Bernstein Pastoral Psychiatry Center, Dedication, Photograph Album.
Individual folders are identified in the following way: record group# -- box# -- folder#, as in R.G.1-10-32. Please use this format in citations and when referring to files for any other reason.
The Jewish Theological Seminary's department of pastoral psychiatry was founded in 1953, for the purpose of training rabbinical students in psychological couselling. In 1965 the Morris J. and Ethel Bernstein Center in Pastoral Psychiatry was founded. The center offered "diagnosis, short term counseling, referral, and assistance to rabbis who encounter congregants with serious problems" and as a training center for rabbinical students. (See The Jewish Theological Seminary Register, 1977- 1982)
Included is an album containing photographs showing the dedication of the Bernstein Pastoral Psychiatry Center on October 3, 1971.