ADATH ISRAEL CONGREGATION, TRENTON, NEW JERSEY THREE LEGAL DOCUMENTS

  • Dates: 1923; 1936
  • Size: .1 linear ft.
  • Number of Folders: 1
  • Languages: English
  • Location: Special Collections Reading Room, Jewish Theological Seminary Library.
  • Restrictions: Reproduction of fragile items is not permitted; consult the archivist about literary rights.
  • Gift Of: Adath Israel Congregation
  • Date: 1989

    MCS, 6/13/94


    Table of Contents:


    A Note on Folder Headings

    Individual folders are identified in the following way on the left side of each folder: name of collection, box #/folder#, as in Ben Zion Bokser Papers, 4/22. Please use this format in citations and when referring to files for any other reason.


    Historical Note

    Adath Israel Congregation, the oldest Conservative congregation in Trenton, New Jersey, was founded in 1923.


    Collection Description

    This collection consists entirely of photocopies of three legal documents. The documents are: the contract signed by Adath Israel Congregation and Frank and Mary Harris on October 16, 1923, for the purchase of property; the deed for that property, in the name of Adath Israel Congregation, and an employment contract for Judah L. Wise, Cantor, dated July 28, 1936.