Individual folders are identified in the following way on the left side of each folder: Name of Collection, box #/folder#, as in Ben Zion Bokser Papers, 4/22. Please use this format in citations and when referring to files for any other reason.
Adath Israel Congregation of Cincinnati, Ohio, was founded in 1853. The Congregation maintained a Men's Club, Ladies Auxiliary, Chevrah Torah and religious school. The Congregation was served by Rabbis Louis Feinberg from 1918 to 1943 and by Fischel Goldfeder from 1945-1981.
This collection of records of Adath Israel, which consists entirely of photocopies, spans the years 1923 to 1987 without significant gaps. The records consist of minutes of meetings, annual reports of the secretary, financial accounts and miscellaneous letters. Issues dealt with in the records include the acquisition of new buildings in 1927 and 1963, budgetary problems occasioned by the depression years and requirements for bar mitzvah.