The Ivriyon summer institute for day school educators strengthens the Hebrew language proficiency skills necessary for teaching in Hebrew by way of language immersion, peer teaching, guest speaker presentations, field trips, and textual study. A review of grammar and a focus on vocabulary expansion are integral to the program.
• Create a Hebrew environment in your classroom
• Lead discussions in Hebrew with your students
• Write grammatically correct exercises and instructions
• Help students articulate ideas and feelings in Hebrew
• Converse comfortably with your Israeli colleagues
Upon completion of the four-week summer immersion program, Ivriyon graduates are assigned a mentor to support them throughout the school year. Ivriyon is subsidized by a grant from the AVI CHAI Foundation and is cosponsored by the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education. There is a $50 application fee for all applicants. Upon admission to the program, a $350 registration fee applies. Tuition is fully subsidized. Partial board is provided, and out-of-town participants are eligible for free accommodations in JTS dormitories.
• What is a Language-Immersion Program?
• Application Materials
• How Well Do I Have to Know Hebrew?
• Daily Schedule
• Ivriyon FAQs
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call (212) 280-6007.