Applying to the DSLTI Program
1. Selection Criteria
We are looking for Jewish educators who demonstrate:
- Proven past leadership ability and achievement
- A strong commitment to Jewish values, literacy, religious purposefulness and peoplehood.
- Superior interpersonal skills to motivate and lead others
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Perseverance and focus in the face of obstacles
Past DSLTI Fellows have been:
- New heads of Jewish day schools (1–3 years in the headship)
- Incoming heads of Jewish day schools
- Principals of lower schools, middle schools and upper schools
- Judaic and general studies coordinators
- Veterans of the system who have a record of instructional leadership: teacher leaders, grade-level chairs, school leadership team members, rabbis-in-residence, and professional developers
- Synagogue school directors
2. How to Apply for Cohort 7
Instructions for downloading the written application and recommendation form:
To save file on PC: Right-click and select "Save Link As."
To save application on Mac: Click "File" and select "Save Link As."
- Written Application: The application requires a description of the candidate's education and professional experience, and essays.
- Submission of three (3) professional letters of reference.
- Interviews: After reviewing the online application and letters of reference, DSLTI will invite candidates who advance to the next phase of the selection process to participate in individual interviews.
Deadline for Applications: January 3, 2011