JTS Email Agreement and Terms of Service
JTS email users must comply with the following Terms of Service, as well as with the official statement of JTS Computer Use Policy.
- Email services should be used lawfully, ethically, and reasonably.
- Email is provided to support the educational mission of The Jewish Theological Seminary.
- Email may not be used for commercial purposes or for illegal, unethical, or unauthorized activities. Users may not destroy or damage equipment, software, or data.
- Chain letters, unrestricted bulk email, junk email, "Who are you?" messages, and obscene or harassing messages are not permitted.
- The use or attempted use of a false identity is prohibited. Users may not hack, gain, or try to gain access to (a) any computer system, files, or messages for which they are not authorized, or to (b) any computer account other than their own.
- Email accounts and passwords may not be shared.
- Users may not send copies of documents in violation of copyright laws.
- Users are asked to take care in subscribing to mailing lists and in sending large messages, multiple copies, etc. Computer Operations will maintain control over the amount of system resources allocated to users and may change its resource quotas at any time. Users are expected to keep their email size below system quotas, so that new messages may be received.
- Users who violate the Terms of Service may be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedures.
- Attempts to read another person's email or other protected files will be treated as a serious matter. However, the privacy of email messages cannot be guaranteed.
- These Terms of Service are subject to amendment.