Welcome to the Office of Residence Life
Our students come from diverse religious, ethnic, and social backgrounds, and our aim is to provide them with housing facilities that will make them proud of their time at JTS.
We strive to create an atmosphere in the residence halls that is conducive to Jewish living and that complements the JTS academic experience. Our office is dedicated to providing opportunities for social bonding, community building, self-exploration, and personal growth and we believe deeply in the principles of respect, understanding, leadership, and social responsibility.
Our Residence Life staff consists of:
- the director of Residence Life, who oversees and administers all student housing and residential operations at JTS
- the Residence Life intern, who works alongside the director of Residence Life while completing a graduate degree at Teachers College
- three live-in resident directors (RDs), who occupy an apartment or suite within each residence hall and manage their halls through policy enforcement, crisis management, counseling referral, and residential programming
- student leaders, who serve as resident advisers (RAs) and assist RDs by providing peer counseling and facilitating social and educational programs
- two live-in Jewish Life directors, who, in conjunction with the Office of Student Life, plan religious programs for the community of each residence hall, and provide support for students exploring their Jewish identities and observance
Please email us or call the Office of Residence Life at (212) 678-8035 if you have any questions.
You may also stop by the office (Unterberg 210 at 3080 Broadway) Monday–Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.