Our students come from diverse religious, ethnic, and social backgrounds, and our aim at the Office of Residence Life is to provide students with housing facilities that will make them proud of their time at The Jewish Theological Seminary.
We deeply believe in the principles of respect, understanding, leadership, and social responsibility, therefore we strive to create an atmosphere in the residence halls that is conducive to Jewish living and complements the JTS academic experience. Our office is dedicated to providing opportunities for social bonding, community-building, self-exploration, and personal growth.
The Residence Life Staff includes:
• The Director of Residence Life, who oversees and administers all student housing and residential operations at JTS
• The Residence Life intern, who works alongside the director of Residence Life while completing a graduate degree at Teachers College, Columbia University
• Three live-in Resident Directors (RDs), who live in an apartment or suite within each residence hall and manage their halls through policy enforcement, crisis management, counseling referral, and residential programming
• Student leaders, who serve as resident advisors (RAs) and assist RDs by providing peer counseling and facilitating social and educational programs
• Two live-in Jewish Life directors, who plan religious programs for the community of each residence hall, and provide support for students exploring their Jewish identities and observance
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life at (212) 678-8035 or email@example.com.
You can also stop by the Office of Residence Life (3080 Broadway [at 122nd Street], Unterberg 210) Mondays through Thursdays between 9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.