It is the student's responsibility to comply with the following:
- Enrollment Provisions: The student must be enrolled at JTS, taking a minimum of six or the equivalent credits per semester and completing a degree.
- Educational Expenses: To receive aid, a student must sign a statement of Educational Purpose/Selective Service Compliance.
- Change of Address/Name: The student must notify the financial aid office of any name or address change that occurs during the enrollment period and, for loan recipients, during the repayment period. Students must also notify the financial aid office about any changes in marital status.
- Courses and Curriculum: The student must notify the Office of Student Financial Aid of changes in course and curriculum that occur during the enrollment period.
- Resource Change: If resources change during a student's attendance or subsequent to the submission of financial aid applications, the student must notify the financial aid office of the change. Increases as well as decreases in resources must be reported.
- Loan Repayment: Accepting a loan also means accepting the responsibility of repaying that loan. Loan repayment is a legal obligation. A student who has taken out a loan must have an exit interview before he/she withdraws, transfers, or graduates. First-time borrowers must also have entrance interviews.
It is also expected that the student will:
- Accurately complete the application for student financial aid. Errors can result in long delays in processing applications and receipt of financial aid. Intentional misreporting of information on application forms for federal financial aid is a violation of law and is considered a criminal offense subject to penalties under the US Criminal Code.
- Return all additional documentation, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by either the Office of Student Financial Aid or the agency to which the application was made.
- Read, understand, and keep copies of all forms.
- Accept responsibility for all signed agreements.