The Rabbinic Training Institute 2014
The Jewish Theological Seminary's 29th Rabbinic Training Institute (RTI) will be held Sunday, January 5, through Thursday, January 9, 2014, at the Pearlstone Center on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. The program begins at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday and concludes at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
For the past 28 years, JTS's Rabbinic Training Institute has been the premier continuing education program for Conservative rabbis in the field. Run each year at full capacity, RTI brings participants to an off-site location for a week of intellectual, professional, and personal growth.
Each day of RTI includes:
- Text study sessions with leading scholars and thinkers
- Professional development sessions where rabbis can hone their practical skills in an evolving rabbinate with the guidance of expert consultants and leadership coaches
- Small groups for personal and spiritual reflection led by professional facilitators
- Communal prayer and meals
- Free time for individual reflection and the cultivation of one-on-one connections
- Plenty of opportunities for socializing, relaxation, and fun
- The backdrop of a beautiful pastoral setting conducive to deep learning, relationship building, and temporarily letting go of the daily urgency of professional concerns
The faculty for RTI 2014 will include:
- Professor Arnold M. Eisen, Chancellor, JTS
- Mary Jo Barrett, Center for Contextual Change
- Dr. Alan Cooper, Elaine Ravich Professor of Jewish Studies and Provost, JTS
- Rabbi Dr. Eliezer Diamond, Rabbi Judah Nadich Associate Professor of Talmud and Rabbinics, JTS
- Dr. Mona Fishbane, Chicago Center for Family Health
- Rabbi Dr. David Hoffman, Assistant Professor of Talmud and Rabbinics and Scholar-in-Residence, JTS
- Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation, Alexandria, Virginia / National Jewish Democratic Council
- Rabbi Daniel Nevins, Pearl Resnick Dean of The Rabbinical School and Dean of the Division of Religious Leadership, JTS
- Linda Rich, Alban Institute
- Rabbi Dr. Steven Sager, Sicha
- Dr. Diane Sharon, Academy for Jewish Religion
Registration is $850 and is open to Rabbinical Assembly members. The cost covers:
- Double-occupancy room and board
- Transportation between Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) and the Pearlstone Center
- All study materials
Registration for RTI is now open but space is very limited; download the registration form here (PDF).
If you have any questions, please contact Rabbi Julia Andelman, JTS director of community engagement, at (212) 678-8933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.