Description of the Position:
The Security Sergeant is primarily responsible for assisting the Security Chief with providing training, guidance, and direction of unionized Security staff. Serves as acting supervising officer in the absence of the Security Chief.
• Provides the JTS Security staff with the necessary skills, knowledge, and training to meet the security needs of the institution in today's changing world.
• Ensures that all officers provide the JTS community, as well as visitors to JTS, with a high level of security while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
• Implements and enforces standing orders, policies, and procedures in order to standardize and regulate the conduct and performance of the Security staff.
• Creates a secure and safe environment by enforcing proper security and safety measures.
• Assists with follow-up investigation of any security-related incidents as reported.
• Reviews Security logbooks and other documents as annotated by Security staff.
• Ensures that security is provided for the JTS community in a cost-effective and liability-free manner.
• In the absence of Security Chief, develops work schedule and processes payroll information for Security staff.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by Security Chief or Director of Operations.
• Minimum of 3 years of prior security experience.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must have valid NY State security license.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.