Director of Graduate Admissions
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management and the Deans of the graduate schools, the Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for managing graduate admissions for The Gershon Kekst Graduate School and The William Davidson School of Jewish Education at The Jewish Theological Seminary.
The Director of Graduate Admissions will perform the following duties:
- Create the strategic goals and objectives of the admissions office as they relate to graduate admission; implement these goals and objectives and evaluate their success.
- Recommend polices and procedure to improve the graduate admission process at JTS.
- Manage all aspects of the graduate admissions process for The Graduate School and The Davidson School.
- Oversee the maintenance and ensure the integrity of the graduate admissions database (Jenzabar EX).
- Serve as liaison between the Office of Graduate Admissions and Dean of The Graduate Studies, the Dean of the Davidson School, and selected faculty members responsible for rendering admissions decisions.
- Meet aggressive graduate enrollment growth goals by actively recruiting new applicants through various outreach efforts, including, but not limited to corporate, college/university, search methods and agencies.
- Identify colleges/agencies to be targeted for student recruitment and to develop working relationships with school officials in order to facilitate visits.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of JTS' graduate recruitment efforts including on and off-campus events and communication plans (travel and some weekend work required).
- Provide timely and accurate follow-up to inquiries and applicants.
- Draft and prepare written communication, including letters, emails and recruitment publications.
- Maintain all relevant website content.
The individual must be self-directed and team oriented and capable and willing to work toward individual and common institutional goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of graduate admissions/higher education is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in data base management required.
- Ability to develop and analyze statistical reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including superior communication skills.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.