Description of the Position:
The Director of Digital Learning and Engagement (DDLE) is tasked with magnifying JTS's educational impact on the North American Jewish community through the effective use of digital media. As a key member of the Department of Community Engagement - which offers educational and professional development programming to the broader public beyond the community of matriculated JTS students - the DDLE will work with diverse teams of faculty, staff, and outside developers to craft, implement, and continually improve compelling and substantive digital content. This will bring JTS's intellectual and spiritual resources to the community at large in order to further JTS's mission of strengthening Jewish tradition, Jewish lives, and Jewish communities.
• Oversee the upkeep, development, and expansion of an active educational web presence—including written material, podcasts, video lectures, event recordings, open courses, and other online learning opportunities—through Learn.jtsa.edu.
• Lead the production of digital courses and blended learning modules for congregations, rabbis and other professionals, JTS alumni, and the community at large.
• Coordinate and host the JTS Livestream Lunch & Learn Series and/or similar programs.
• In partnership with the Communications department, develop content for JTS's social media streams.
• Curate JTS's iTunes U channel.
• Provide input and guidance to other staff and faculty on digital learning and outreach projects.
• Evaluate impact of various digital projects using the appropriate analytical tools and make improvements or course corrections needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Broad and deep knowledge of the Jewish and non-Jewish educational technology landscapes.
• Significant experience designing and implementing digital communications and/or education strategies and social media outreach.
• Experience and facility with CMS platforms and website management; ability to learn new software quickly and thoroughly.
• Proven ability to increase web traffic and engaged social media followership.
• Superior project management ability, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to drive and manage project from conception to completion.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of Jewish texts and traditions and the North American Jewish community.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
• Basic facility with Hebrew language.
• Motivated self-starter able to take direction while maintaining a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and managing numerous projects simultaneously.
• Team-player capable of working well with a wide variety of personalities and leadership styles and multiple departments.
• B.A. required; M.A. or other higher degree preferred.
• Experience in Jewish education preferred.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.