The Director of Digital Learning and Engagement (DDLE) is tasked with magnifying JTS's educational impact on the North American Jewish community through the effective use of digital media. As a key member of the Department of Community Engagement - which offers educational and professional development programming to the broader public beyond the community of matriculated JTS students—the DDLE will work with diverse teams of faculty, staff and outside developers to craft, implement, and continually improve compelling and substantive digital content, bringing JTS's intellectual and spiritual resources to the community at large in order to further JTS's mission of strengthening Jewish tradition, Jewish lives, and Jewish communities.
• Oversee the upkeep, development, and expansion of an active educational web presence - including written material, podcasts, webcasts, video lectures, online courses, and event recordings—through www.learn.jtsa.edu.
• Lead the production of online courses, live stream learning programs, and blended learning modules for congregations, rabbis and other Jewish professionals, JTS alumni, and the Jewish community at large—managing projections from conception to completion.
• Work closely with faculty, staff, consultants, and target audience representatives to shape content, ensure excellent quality, and maximize reach and impact for all digital programs.
• Provide input and guidance to other staff and faculty on digital learning and outreach projects.
• Evaluate impact of digital projects using the appropriate analytical tools and make improvements or course corrections needed.
• In partnership with the Communications department, develop content for JTS's social media streams and grow JTS's social media impact.
• Curate JTS's iTunes U and YouTube channels.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Broad and deep knowledge of and experience with the North American Jewish community and the landscape of Jewish adult education
• Knowledge of Jewish texts and traditions and facility with Hebrew language
• Broad and deep knowledge of the Jewish and non-Jewish educational technology landscapes
• Significant experience designing and implementing digital education strategies
• Superior project management ability, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to drive and manage project from conception to completion
• Aptitude for understanding and learning new software quickly and thoroughly
• Experience and facility with website management and CMS platforms; proven ability to increase web traffic and engaged social media followership
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading
• Motivated self-starter able to take direction while maintaining a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and managing numerous projects simultaneously
• Team-player capable of working well with a wide variety of personalities and leadership styles and multiple departments
• B.A. required; M.A., rabbinic ordination, or other higher degree preferred
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.