Administrative Assistant, Communications
Description of the Position:
This Administrative Assistant in the Communications department is an entry-level position with an emphasis on advertising, public relations, web and e-mail marketing.
- Represents the Communications Department as the first point of contact for inquiries - by phone, by e-mail, and in person.
- Schedules all meetings, conference calls and appointments for the Chief Communications Officer, and other members of the Communications Department, when necessary.
- Updates project management software with project updates.
- Retrieves and processes all mail for the department.
- Coordinates invoices and vendor payments with Accounting.
- Supports e-mail marketing efforts.
- Supports website production efforts.
- Supports all social media initiatives.
- Develops press releases and supports media relations efforts as needed.
- Designs internal production projects.
- Performs other administrative job functions as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Entry-level position, but experience in media, marketing, design or communications a plus.
- Excellent phone etiquette, communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.